Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ending to Begin

My intern ship is drawing to a close. I have three more days before I head back to good 'ol BSC and start again with crazy class schedules, homework, and shows. Over the weekend I was dreading leaving the amazing city of New York and returning to school. But yesterday and today I've been reexamining my life as a college student and what I would like to focus on.

I wanted to come to New York for interim was because I needed to find out if this was a place I wanted to live and if I really wanted to pursue play writing. Interning with a production company was the best way to experience both. Not only did I live here for a month, but was privileged enough to get a piece of the producing side of theatre. Obviously, producing isn't play writing, however, they directly connect with one another. Both questions of living and play writing were answered with a resounding "YES!"

So now comes the part where I figure out where to go from here. I have a few things about my schedule to reconsider, but nothing terrifying. And leaving here makes finding ways to return that much sweeter. I now have a goal. I know where I want to go when I graduate. I think I may try and return this summer depending on the results of SETC auditions.

I'm no longer dreading returning school, but excited. Now that I have a stronger idea of what I want to do, I'm ready to take the necessary steps to get there.
This has been such a rewarding experience. Like I said in my last post, I feel like I've conquered one of the world's many perplexities. I see the world slightly differently now, and lemme' tell ya', I like the way it looks!

~Clara

No comments: