Friday, January 13, 2012

Interview with Landi Drake


Name: Landi Drake
Major: Theatre Arts
Year in School: Senior

What are your responsibilities in the cast?

I am on props crew and in two short scenes.  I am in the surgery scene with Jasha Vaughn, and I play the doctor.  I am also in the Seduction scene with Nolan Martin, and I play the wife.

What is your typical day like?

In the mornings I tend to my prop crew duties.  Mainly in the last week we have done a lot of shopping off campus for various props and we have been making some props by hand.  So, I do that until about 12:30pm and then we have an hour break for lunch.  At 1:30pm, usually I am in rehearsals.  Umm, and then if my scene isn’t being rehearsed that day, I go back to my props crew duties. 

What has been the best part about it?

The best part about it has been…probably working with everyone in the department and working through rehearsals.  I love this department and I love all the people.  Whenever everyone has such a good work ethic rehearsals are just really exciting, and a time to play…so it’s fun.

What has been the most challenging part about it?

Um, probably the most challenging has been working through the show in a quick amount of time.  We basically blocked the entire show in four days.  Getting off book that quickly and getting use to putting on a show in three weeks is the challenging part about the process.

What makes this department unique?

I think what makes this department unique is the individual work ethics because when everyone comes together, things get done really well.  Everyone works well together, and we are kind of like a little family here.  It’s a great environment to come to everyday.  It makes it fun. 

How has what you have learned going to help you in the future?

We work at the same pace that a lot of professional companies do….I think that will help me in the future.  And, just the level of professionalism that everybody has, that will really pay off.  

Landi Drake Wallace 

No comments: